Create Women’s Project provides free, non-conditional, confidential support to women in Edinburgh (regardless of their situation or background) which empowers and enables them to make the changes they want to see in their lives.
Building on their vast experience of working with marginalised groups and individuals, including women involved in or affected by commercial sexual exploitation and the sex industry. Create set-up the Women’s Project in November 2016 as they wanted to take action to support the most vulnerable and marginalised women in our communities to improve their situation.
Our Women’s Project works with women from all cultures and ethnicities, women with health conditions, LGBTI women, women involved in or affected by the sex industry, and women who have no recourse to public funds.
Create Women’s Project provides
- One to one and group training and development opportunities
- Specialist employment and self-employment support
- Advice and practical support in areas such as money, benefits, childcare and housing
- Free access to our Digital Skills Academy
- Outreach and drop-in services
- Provision of a safe space and a non-judgemental listening ear
- Support to access other services
The wider Aims of Create Women’s Project include advocacy and campaign work, raising awareness of key issues, and influencing policy at both a local and government level. The project also acts as a vehicle to have the voices of the women it works with listened to, respected and acted upon.
If you think we can help, you would like to find out more or want to get involved contact us
or visit our web site here.